Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Its been awhile....

Its been awhile since I have posted. It was a good weekend. I tried to post on Saturday but that was unsuccessful so I didn't do it again. Well, on Saturday I got to sleep in a bit and do laundry..yada yada and then we went to the Olympic Training Center for the US Team. This is the one that is in Colorado Springs. It was really fun and I will put some pics up! I went with my friends Amanda (Kenya), Susanna (Kazakhstan) and Kristina (Romania). It was a lot of fun cheering and watching these events of the men's gymnastics qualifiers.

On Sunday, I didn't go to Church but I enjoyed yet another day of relaxing and hanging out with the families around here. We had an awesome Talent/Show your country Night on Sunday night and I hosted a coffee shop since I'm not very clever :-) It was a hit and the coffee was all gone. My friend Susanna and I did that. The skits were so fun and we got to see one another's powerpoints and it was a true blessing.

Today, we started a bit on how to learn a language.. seeing as this is my major I skipped out on about 15 minutes of it to run to Starbucks..I needed it. We also debated and talked today about some interesting issues.. soooo interesting that I zoned for most of it. Although the thing that hit me the most was, yes there are some issues in life and theology that I might roll my eyes to but in order to serve My Lord adequately I must not be completely oblivious to. I will be interacting with some incredibly intelligent people who will want to know answers.. will I know them all now? NO WAY but I want to prepare myself but for right now, the only way I know is to be in Scripture!! I told our leader after the sessions today (we talked about time management issues, bribes, giving and not giving all cross cultural issues) that I really didn't care to expend sooo much time thinking over these issues and I will deal with them as the come. I told him that I have no expectations of what I might encounter. He liked that. Pray for he and his wife, they are to have a baby here any day so he is tired and he is getting ill.

I'm feeling a cold arising too so pray that it comes and I get over it so I'm not dealing with it when I move in 17 days!!

Thanks for reading again!!

No comments: