Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hanging out with Jonny

This past Sunday I spent most of the day with my great friend Jonny. We went to his "Base 1" where he grew up. We went to Clifton, VA which is a tiny town right outside of Centreville. We went for a hike for about an hour on the Bull Run River and we just talked about life. Then we randomly met some of Jonny's friends at the park. Then we went to the Reservoir where we saw some wildlife. After we left we went to the park he used to go to when he was a little kid (0-11) and play football with his dad and brother and swing on the swings. He commented on how there were so many memories at each place of his childhood. I enjoyed taking the day in and spending time with Jonny and listening to memories and the nostalgic feelings that he experienced.



While we were swinging he asked me a question. "In what stage of life childhood, adolescence, college, or adulthood do you find your identity in?"



My response.."Can I be super spiritual?? I daily try to find my identity in Christ. There is nothing else that is constant. I also said that I have found out more about myself in my adulthood thus far than any other times. In the past three years of ministering, living, healing, and being restored I have drawn closer to the Lord. I have seen that I cannot try to find my identity in anything other than the Lord."



Jonny's response...thanks for saying that.



I guess sometimes I should be more bold in being "spiritual"

No comments: