Monday, June 4, 2007

The First Weekend

The weekend spent here has been wonderful!! I have enjoyed spending lots of time with the Hunters and also time relaxing! The biggest event was going to Pikes Peak a huge mountain that is 14,100 feet or so. I don't remember the elevation exactly. Well, we drove up to the top of the mountain and took some pics and looked all around. It was 32 degrees F and it was way cold and snowy. Kinda funny for June huh. It was a beautiful drive with snow drifts and the mountains which are all dirt and rocks at the top! I had a lot of fun getting to the know the Hunters even more! Then we went and got pizza at a little mom and pop place called Marilyn's and that was in Manitou Springs. The kids needed to burn off some energy (ages 8,6,3) so we went to the park and had some fun!

Today, I went to Church at a really neat church kinda like Liberty's Campus church. Very laid back and in a movie theater. Great music and message and of course Sunday dinner at Cracker Barrel..yum. Although, the sweet tea was a bit of a let down...

So I hadn't walked for 2 days and well these days i'm avg. 3 miles per day on the trails out here so Kristina and I decided to fill my backpack with books and such and walk to the Starbucks. Its about an hours walk and it only started to rain at the end. We got to drink yummy drinks (two were free) then we decided well its 5pm and it takes an hour to get back so we had to double time it to make it back for dinner (which is served from 530-600). We made it but we did have to wait for a train to cross the tracks .. with 5 min to spare!

I'm looking forward to this week of classes and free time. Please keep me in your prayers as I am studying and breaking things down about my life and who I am! Thanks for reading too! :-)

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

You didn't write about how Brad broke the swing! HA!

You definitely are the newest member of our family!
Thanks for being there when we have needed you!
Love you!
Stacey

Brad & Stacey said...

You didn't write about how Brad broke the swing! HA!

You definitely are the newest member of our family!
Thanks for being there when we have needed you!
Love you!
Stacey