Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vienna



On Friday afternoon, Daniel Newell and I boarded the 13:10 train to Vienna. It was a nice air conditioned 2nd class car where we could read or sleep (as I did). We arrived a bit late but we were in Vienna. We went straight to Stephansplatz where we met the World Harves team from Prauge and the new World Harvest Team the Hunters in Vienna. It was great to see everyone again especially the Hunters as I have not seen them since MTI in Colorado.




We ate pizza and then went out for girls time. Daniel roamed the city and met me back later. I had the privelage of tasting a bit of America by going to one of the cities many Starbucks. Yummy. Just the smells, sounds, tastes and sights made me miss a bit of home. I went and bought a 250gram bag of House blend coffee to bring back to Budapest. I also got a lil espresso drink. yum. We sat and talked and talked and it was wonderful.

Dan and I went to our Hostel. A four floor Hostel with your own room but shared showers (co-ed mind you) and toilet. I definately could not take a shower here so I used my sink :-) I was pretty stinky by bed time Saturday night. Samantha said she could smell me alll the way in Todd County, PA. Anyways, on Saturday morning I met the World Harvest Team at the Opera house in Vienna and we went to the Hunters new, beautiful apartment. It comes complete with a tower ( a room you can sit in and look onto the street), a gigantic terrace, great living space and a view of the entire city. The Interns with WH put together beds and couches and the mom's and I went to the park with the kids.

I had so much fun playing, loving and talking. I was very encouraged and I hope I was an encouragement. So I know many of you are thinking..wow she sure does travel alot. Well, yes I do and I enjoy it mostly but I think that as a single woman part of my calling here as a ministry partner is to encourage families. I hope I do this with the Newells, Hunters, Stewarts and soon to be when they come from America.. Coppages and George's and the Nemeth's when I get to Croatia. I enjoy caring and loving on each kid of these families! And definatley the mom's of all these families and I needed and will need girl time!

I begin my last week of language school and I am excited! I can't wait to do some things I've wanted to do ...exploring, meeting with new friends and such. Please pray for Nikolai a Russian boy in my class. We've talked a bit about church so I hope to maybe further this conversation this week!! Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so excited (if not bit jealous) that you get to hang out with the Hunters! Keep luvn' on those kids and mom's!

Brad & Stacey said...

We had great fun with you! Thanks for lovin on us!

Love you!
Stacey
P.S. Did you get my e-mail about the chicken pox?:(

Anonymous said...

ew. you didn't shower?!?! you didn't tell me that! that is G-R-O-S-S! Is the church behind you the one that we went in??

I love you SOOOOO much!