Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Faith and Trust..

In the past few weeks leading up to where I am now, I've learned a great deal of Faith and Trust. Two words that I often throw flippantly but I don't know if I've fully learned them.


As you all know my box was lost amongst the many millions of bags in Heathrow, London. Unbeknownst to me and my lack of trust.. God knew where it was at all times. He had his eye (or does God have lots of eyes..maybe one for each piece of lost luggage) on my box the whole time. My box is now a world traveller...It went from D.C.-->London-->Chicago-->London-->Budapest then to the Newells house! I was soo excited about the box and its contents..my bags, books that I need and clothes. So where does this trust and faith ..the lack thereof..come in..


All day Sunday and Monday I prayed. I felt a bit silly..who prays for lost luggage.. Then we (Newells, Daniel and I) prayed for my box on our way to school on Monday morning. I thought, I should have faith and just trust that God will bring my box to me. I even gave Him a plug.. God please help my box come in.. all I really need is my langauge school book and my clothes.. I didn't fully trust..but I keep praying. Is it okay to keep praying? Do you "nag" God about such things.. then I remembered the verse.. Ask and you shall recieve.. and that we should pray without ceasing..sooo I did. I told Jesus these things..how I didn't know if I was to pray over and over again.. but I did. So I learned a lesson to put my trust in God and he wants to hear everyone one of my words...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for lost luggage...FOUND!!! three cheers for the box hip hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray!

Sharon said...

I'm soooo happy that you got your luggage! And that you're safely in Budapest!