Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Getting over the heat

There was a nice breeze today in Budapest and this helped a lot with it being so warm!! I am officially finished with language school (part1) and I received a 96 on my test! This is very exciting although I have lots to learn. I am able to hang out a little more now and hopefully do some much needed resting, lesson planning and visiting with new friends.

I have been meeting new people and making new friends which are a huge blessing. I have met Americans, British, and Hungarians. Today, we spent almost 3.5 hours playing Scategories and then I met Mark, Daniel, Kyle, Dori, Kristof, Joszef and two German girls at Margit Sziget (an island in the middle of the Danube) to play games.. boules and football and charades. It was a blast and I laughed a lot.

Well since I wrote that section two days ago.. Today I spent the morning at IKEA with Laura and I found a bed, a mattress that is on major sale, and the “box springs. I also found a table and chairs and hopefully all of this will be delivered on August 1 or 2nd when I get to move into my wonderful apartment! Mate is going to help me put them together..He says he loved Lego’s when he was little so it makes complete sense to let him put them together J

I am excited about these next few weeks to refresh in many areas in my life. I’m resting, reading a lot, doing a Bible Study with Laura, and working out. I am also hanging out. Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for dinner and the she and I are going to church. Oh and that reminds me, I’ve found a great church I am enjoying, Calvary Chapel. It’s in Hungarian and English so I can bring anyone there who speaks either language!

On Friday nights there is a coffeehouse that YWAM (Youth with a Mission) organizes and I went last Friday night. I met two young college students who wanted to practice their English. We chatted and I invited them back to Coffee house this coming Friday and if conversation goes well this Friday I am inviting them to church on Sunday Morning. Their names are Casaba and Viktor. So pray for these guys!!

Well, I hope everyone is well…I will keep putting up posts!

1 comment:

Keith Miller said...

Great to read your blog! We leave on the 8th of August! Yipeeee!
love ya,
julia