Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Paperwork

Today I learned a whole new definition of paperwork. When moving here to Hungary I knew from stories from friends that there are many papers that must be signed, stamped, and stamped.




I signed my contract with my school today which is awesome because it helps me begin the residency permit process!! I also signed my contract for my apartment. This was all done in two hours which is awesome! God is good.




Then my dad and I went to the American Embassy to get a document I needed to fill out for Hungarian Background Check. The Embassy is really nice but the people were not so nice. But.. I got my paper so that is even more towards the residency permit.




I then went to Szentlelak Ter to get a foreign residency card...szallashely bejelento lap...without going into detail I used my broken Hungarian, somehow got to the right building, got the right card, went to the office and had an official signature.




The thing about it all..is stamps. Everything in Hungary must be stamped.. your receipts for big amounts of money, your bus pass, your train tickets, you contracts, bank account papers, signatures on cards. Its amazing. So I put a pic of the stamp for my school!!




2 comments:

carolyn said...

i love you friend.
and i hope you get our crap done :)
and quickly and easily.
praying for you always
and loveing you even more often.
<3c

Laci and Keri Németh said...

hey Joe,
Where do you go with all those papers in your hand...?

:)


Welcome to the land of papers and stamps... it is the true NEver ending story...

But I have to admit you have a great start...

Lazio