Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July

As most of you are now just getting your cookouts started, picnics ready and packing up to go to a park and see some Fireworks.. I'm ending my July 4th!


I went to school as normal and did my homework and then I went on a hunt for sparklers. I thought it would be fun for the boys, Laura and I to have some sort of July 4th fun... I went to one of the malls..Mamut and found a "paper store". I looked all over and found candles that sparkled a little bit, and then some blue crepe paper to make streamers (you can't buy those in a roll here like we do in usa). I went up to the counter and tried my best Hungarian.. Hello, I don't know the name of this in Hungarian.. I need Sparklers..do you have them? As i point to the candles that sparkle..She pulls out this awesome "Cake Candle" and I say YES PLEASe..just one? No thanks, I"ll take the whole package :-) Just four of them.


So happy as can be..I get on the Hev to the bus to go home. I get a little hungry so I grab a few (pizza pastries..like the one's we got sistra) and was eating them as I walked.. A old man looked at me and said "Have a good Meal" and I smiled and said thanks.


Anyways.. I get off the bus and I'm walking home and Laura and the boys meet me on the road and pick me up! We get home and make AWESOME 4th of July hats, cut crepe paper to make streamers, blow up balloons and get the table set for hour big Happy birthday AMerica Party!!

My friend Mate comes so we get on our rain gear and go get him at the bus stop..


Our dinner was complete with chicken, watermelon, greenbeans, mac and cheese, corn on the cob and shirley temples. We even topped it all off with a super yummy Tiramisu cake with American Flags on it!


You have to go to greater lengths to celebrate fourth of July around here but we did it .. being far from home makes you appreciate America and traditions a lot more!! I hope you enjoy fireworks for me .. I will see them in August!!


Happy 4th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you...happy 4th...what great freedom we have. :) karen

Brad & Stacey said...

Hello my friend! Glad you got to have a great 4th! We did something really "All American" and went to see Shrek the third (in English):)

Hope your classes are going well!
Did you hear that Heather finally had her baby!
Love you!
Stacey

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a better 4th than I did in the US! Glad you are having a great time! Miss you!
-Megan Epp-Foley

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a better 4th than I did in the US! Glad you are doing well--keep blogging! Miss you!