Sunday, March 30, 2008

the ArTs Weekend

I didn't mean to make this weekend, a weekend of the ArTs but it just turned into one which I will not complain about :-)

On Saturday, I met Lea and Karen Coppage at the Applied Arts Museum and we saw the exhibits there. One of which included the dowry of Beatrix who was the Queen of King Matthias. ( a significant king of Hungary). The pottery was gorgeous and of course I'd love to purchase some of the extravagant pieces :-)

















Then on Saturday evening, I met a group of students from the 9th grade and a colleague to view a play at the National Theatre. It was called The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) and it was one of the funniest plays I've ever seen. I was laughing very hard through many parts. These three guys were the only ones who acted and it was fabulous!! If you come visit I will definitely take you!













Today I went to an exhibit which was at Szabadsag Ter. It was called the 100 faces of Transylvania. It was a photo competition and it was amazing. Of course if you know me well, you know I love photography. This was one of my favorite pictures that I saw.. but then there were so many I really loved. The exhibit was taken down today but you can still access it online if you want to check it out!!






The last thing I went to today was U23D. This was my first ever 3D movie. It was a lot of fun. We just sat and watched the concert which took place in Buenos Aires. It was a lot of great music, loud, right there in your face without being squashed and squished in the real concert :-)


So.. the ArTs weekend has come to a close.. but it was a wonderful one!! Have a great week this week!!

1 comment:

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

U arty-farty person! hee heee heee!!! Glad you got to do all those things! :-) Food for the soul!