Monday, March 3, 2008

Dead Poets Society



Any teacher who watches this film feels some sort of emotion. I watched this today as I was laying half dead on my couch. I always cry at the end. If you have not watched this .. you NEED to. This movie is all about "Carpe Diem" which is Latin for 'Seize the Day'. The inspiration that Mr. Keating gives to his students makes me want to be a better teacher. This is a film I can watch over and over.


I'm thinking about teaching a literature class in my school next year and this might be our opening semester film. It has always inspired me as a student and as a teacher.


Seize the Day is a concept that sometimes is so foreign to me. So often, I think about the past or the future and stress about it. I need to leave those to Jesus the author of my being. I need to trust him and have faith so that I can be here in the now.


Carpe Diem my friends.. Seize the Day which God has given us!
P.S. pictures are from

No comments: