Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ukraine

Over the Easter Holiday I joined my dad in Kiev Ukraine for some rest, reading, meetings and sleep. I arrived after a bumpy flight from Budapest to greet my dad, Ruslan and Luda. I had not seen these good friends for 4 years. It was a wonderful reunion.

The weekend was filled with a few meetings with the director of the new school, lots of food, hang out time with friends and a trip to Vinnitisia. I got to spend loads of time with my dad and that was great. We were able to talk, pray, laugh, sing, eat and lots more together.

Its fun going back to places that I haven't been in a long time because then I get to see lots of changes.. things are more expensive in Kiev, my friend got married and had a baby, another friend adopted a baby yet it still only costs $.10 to ride the metro. I love Ukraine and I hope to continue to serve there in some capacity in my future!!

No comments: