Thursday, April 3, 2008

weak faith

This week has been a good week but a hard week as well. I was slammed with a huge utilities bill and then slammed with the realization that I my utilities were 60% of my paycheck. My faith became weak. Finances weren't the only reason, I think it was just the ..i don't remember that phrase.. ya know the thing that makes everything just kinda worse.

Anyways, my faith became weak. I didn't think that I'd survive the finances, the extra hours at school, the loneliness, the desire to be needed, the sadness I see in eyes around me and the lost souls of my students I daily interact with. I thought.. my faith is so weak and how can God use it??!!

Immediately the verses from Matthew 6:25-26
Therefore I tell you do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

God told me, I will provide for your every need. You will never be in Need. You may not get what you WANT but I will give you what you need. Then he reminded me that he will use me despite me and that he has been using me.

I'm so grateful that God took the time out for me.. to give me the wisdom, the reassurance and the kick in the butt that I needed to hear.

No comments: