Tuesday, March 24, 2009

urgency

I know that I still have a few months left... but the sense of urgency is starting to build in my heart. 

This past Sunday, I heard a sermon about living as if its the last days. Last night, I heard someone share about the need for God in Europe by just being.. by "showing up" in places and letting the younger generation talk. 

As I teach, as I walk around, I feel this sense of urgency.. I'm feeling out what it means. 

Obviously.. in life we have moments where we need to do things, where time is running out. I know that for this period of time..its running out. I have been reassured that my time in Hungary is not finished. I'll be back in some capacity. It is trusting that those times will happen and leaving that to God. 

I've also been wrestling with singleness...don't get me wrong. I enjoy being single. I'm not dying for a husband.. I mean.. if he knocked on my door after this post.. I'd be a happy gal :) You see, since I went to college later.. I met loads of people who were younger than me.  My friends who were my age and older were getting married and I could live the single life with my younger friends. Now, I've gotten to the point where the people my age are having kids and the younger ones are getting married. I'm moving back to the land of Married with the exception of 2 or 3 friends. I'm excited to get to know spouses and enjoy friends as they have found their love.   It's easy here.. many people are single. Only one married couple..... so daily, I am praying for the endurance I need and the truths that I have to hold so tight to because it will not be easy :) No matter what, I'm excited for the next change.. but so far..nothing's going to be easy.. and why did I think that moving back to America would be a breeze?! 

3 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

I'll be praying for your transition back my friend!

Stephanie Windon said...

we should tslk more. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about and am dealing with the same thing.

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Welcome to the world of being older and being single. Yes, it's a challenge, and there are moments when it is easier than other moments. And transition is never easy...I too am looking at 3 months from now saying goodbye to a life of 9 years here. ONLY God can bring us through and to His next wonderful adventure! He alone is faithful, my friend, He alone!!!