Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My favorite pic from Rome

When in Rome... the famous quote.

As I walked the old ruins, the temples, the Vatican where so many made a pilgramage to, and walked the steps that those 2000+ years ago did I was in awe.

You hear about this city, you see pictures, I've studied many of the artists in Art History, History of Renaissance classes and read about the religious aspects but to walk the streets and see it in person is amazing.

I took this picture in the Roman Imperial Gardens. It is here, where th emporer's lived. Where they wined and dined, walked among the gardens and talked about religion, politics and their loves.

I loved the warmth of Rome.. it was high 50's the whole weekend and I sure miss it in the 30's here. The orange trees, palm trees and flowers that brightened the paths were refreshing.

Its amazing what a little color, a smile and the sun can give you during a dark, gloomy, not so smiley winter.



7 of 365:
1. My dad is here for a visit!! :) yippiee!!
2. I got my new check card!
3. My students were amazing today and did as I asked without delay!
4. I was able to see Lea, Donna, and Laura (plus Mark, Seth, Jacob and Nathan)
5. can I say My dad is here for a visit again :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan Van Fleet said...

Hi daddy!!! hope you guys have fun fun fun!!!

Brad & Stacey said...

Love the pic...you need to frame it!

Enjoy your time with your dad! My mom comes on Monday! :)