Thursday, February 19, 2009

First night of Motherhood...

I'm babysitting for my friends Mark and Laura. I hope they are having a restful, encouraging time.  This is part of my ministry while here. . taking care of friend's children so that they can be rejuvenated. Anyways, the boys pictured in the last post have been really good. They are full of energy but what young boy isn't? Seth is the oldest and he had a really high fever. I gave him some fever reducer and put a cool wash cloth on his head. Thankfully, his fever went down and he felt much better. Not being his mother, I felt a bit helpless, knowing that a mother's touch is sometimes the only thing that helps him

Let's take this in a spiritual direction real quick like..I don't often like doing this but I will right now:) I'm doing a study on Jesus and I've really learned a lot from it. As we study Jesus' life we also read and learn about Mary. I wonder how helpless she felt at times.. She knew that he was God's son..he was different but he still needed that mother's touch. It is making Jesus more human than I've every known him to be which I think is pretty cool. 

12 of 365
1. I slept till 8:10..amazing
2. My coffee was so good cuz it was freshly ground, Starbucks Christmas blend :) 
3. I drove a car for the first time in almost 2 months..i love driving especially when I don't do it often. 
4. Seth's fever went down ..and we prayed it would so I liked seeing him know it went down.
5. Listening to a child's prayer. so genuine.

No comments: