Monday, September 29, 2008

Vienna with 'family'

I arrived on my train Friday evening at 18:08 to be greeted by Leslie (my college roomate) with a big warm hug. That was really great! We went to her apartment to drop off my stuff then we grabbed some superb japanese noodles because the Korean resaurant was too full! Then we went line dancing. It was a lot of fun. It was a group of Austrians who love country line dancing. Don't worry, I got the contact info so I can line dance in Budapest :)



Saturday morning was a WONDERFUL lazy morning of sleeping, eating, watching the office and hanging out with her building-mates :) We had some great girl time. Then we went for a walk in the park and then the grocery store where I bought some applesauce!!! :) (we don't have this here) Then we went to the Hunters for a yummy Lasagne --mizzzannga (levi) dinner. Finished off with this awesome pie Stacey makes. YUM-O.



Sunday we went to church after an amazing pancake breakfast. Thank you Brad. We each even had our own letter pancake. After church we went to the Karlsplatz to have weiner schnitzel and play the in the park.



It was so great to be reunited after a long summer. The kids are bigger and it was so great to be loved on. I played a lot of baloon volleyball.. let me tell you.. we might need to put that in the olympics :)



I loved being with Leslie.. it was just like being at home, being with some who is close to you and knows you well. It sure is tempting to go there a lot.. if it wasn't $50 for every train ride :)



Now I'm back to teaching and had a great day today! Dad comes in week and I'm excited!!

1 comment:

leslie.kidd said...

aww...I love when you come 2! it is soo wonderful having you here! move here! ;) <3 ya