Friday, September 5, 2008

Doctor's Office

Hungary's health system is still socialized. When you go to the doctor you can now make an appointment but you may still wait for an hour or so. Yesterday, I had to go to the doctor so that I can get my "healthy enough for working card". I snuck a picture of my doctor's office. Its a huge area where the doctor's are inside these rooms. You wait in a line. When you walk in you ask who is last in line and you sit behind them. I've waited for 2 hours.

I make appointments now but I still bring a book. Thankfully when you make an appointment they let you come in even before those who don't make an appointment. The health care is "free" I pay 300Huf which is $2.00 to see the doctor but half my paycheck goes to taxes/healthcare.

Just an interesting look at the health system and something I have to do here. Did I mention my doctor doesn't speak English......

No comments: