Monday, September 3, 2007

Before my first day...

Its been a while since I blogged. I'm sitting in my apartment.. Just ironed my first day of school outfit.. (grey slacks and a white button down shirt). I'm really amazed that tomorrow is actually here. I arrived here two months ago and so much as happened since then. It really is amazing.. Wait. God is amazing.

I was at church today and Pastor Phil spoke about Matthew 7. He said many great things that were especially good for me to hear. One of the things that he said that hit home was that we as Christians should go into every day ministry with HOPE and Positivity. It was a great encouraging word for me seeing as I'm starting my first day tomorrow and I needed that advice.. I need to have great hope for my students, hope for my colleagues. I should have positivity no matter what happens. It shouldn't matter if the students aren't' getting concepts or anything but it is important that I stay positive with them. To remain hopeful with them. Jesus was the great teacher. He always taught with hope and positivity. Good words.

Its been a busy and tiring week at school. I have been at school everyday preparing lessons, getting stuff ready, understanding what I am supposed to do. I have no classes tomorrow but I do have 7 classes in a row on Tuesday. Good thing that it’s the introduction day. I will have 10th, 11th and 12th graders. I am excited. I have pencils and pens in my desk, post it notes for my books, some resource..(last min. teaching idea books) and other things. I sit across from Edina a last year university student teaching Math and beside me is Anna who I adore and also Eva who is teaching German. We don't have our own classrooms but we do have our own desk in one big faculty work room. I'll snap some pictures soon.

I saw Hairspray tonight. The weekend before school starts, Palace Cinema does this great thing where all movies are only 350 HUF (2.00) for any show. So a bunch of girlfriends and I got together and saw it. It was a lot of fun and helped me relax a bit for tomorrow. I have an apartment mate for 8 weeks. I'm looking forward to coming home and someone being here. Her name is Samm and she is from England. She and I have known each other since my first year in Hungary. She hails from Szeged and went to the school that Arden Is teaching at. Its been great ..soo great to catch up and hang out. So.. Its 10:18pm.. I'm pretty tired and I have to be at school very early.

I will write more about my first day and such soon. Please keep my work permit and work visa in your prayers. I am working on both of them!!

Thanks for staying in touch with me.

1 comment:

Keith Miller said...

Great to catch up! Kenny has been spending a lot of time ironing! Hope your first day was well.
Julia
PS I enjoyed your musings about MTI!