Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Offical first day of teaching

I survived my first day of teaching. I got up at 6am.. And was out of the door at 710. I was at school at 730 to get everything put away and be in my first class at 745. I was eager, the students were..well let's be honest they were dreading that they had to be in school again. Nothing like a rainy day to make that worse. My classes went by with pretty good success. I had 11th, 10th, and 12th graders. I had 7 classes total.. And I dunno ..over 100 students.

The first day wiped me and I came home and ate lunch and took a nap. I started at 745 and finished at 1410 so that was nice. I was out of there in no time .. My colleague Szabi and I got on the Hév while over looking all of the students who were smoking outside of the school.

All to say.. I think I still like teaching ;-) I have one class that is going to be difficult. I was thinking while I was teaching.. I have these two students in this 10th grade class that TALK non stop. One is the class clown the other the jock. They reminded me of two guys in my class. At least the guys in my class stopped talking. They were distracting and I think they are going to be my hardest. I have them every day too. So.. Please pray for some extra patience in the 10c class. I know that I will be.

I have 13th grade for the first time tomorrow so I hope that they will be good, more advanced talking and so forth.

Well.. I just wanted to update you on my first day. Its rainy and cold here. So right now I'm drinking a cup of English Breakfast Tea and lounging in my sweatshirt and sweatpants. Comfortable :-)

I miss everyone.. Keep in touch!

1 comment:

Laci and Keri Németh said...

ts kinda nice, that after the first day you still like teaching... :)

not a bad start...

Lazo