Friday, September 14, 2007

an update i sent

Dear Friends,
I have officially finished two full weeks of teaching. It seems that I am beginning to finally settle into a routine and my students are also finding routine from the summer vacation. I am carrying 23 classes per week and then some administrative and lesson planning hours. It makes for a busy week but I am thankful that I can leave when I am finished with classes. A plus to working in this system here in Hungary. I have wonderful students and I daily face the reality that English is sometimes not the most exciting language to learn and teach but we must all work together to learn and teach the language.

Of course, I stay busy hanging out with friends, going to Hungarian Hour, Ladie's Tea, Coffee House, visiting with the Newell's, meeting new friends and hopefully doing some mentoring. It is very busy and very very fun.

I am writing you to pray for my paperwork over the next few weeks. Next Friday, I will go to the work permit office to pick up my work permit. Once I have this in hand, I will be able to go to the embassy/consulate hopefully in Prague to apply for my work visa. It is necessary for me to have this visa in order to stay here in Hungary. This continues to be a tedious process and I don't always have the best attitude for it but I know that the Lord will provide my Visa. Please pray that this process will be quick and the visa will be granted!

Thank you for praying for me and thinking of me! I plan to write a newsletter this week!

Blessings, Joanna

2 comments:

Laci and Keri Németh said...

Joe you rock...
A routine after two weeks... WOW
Keep it up...
Lazo

Laci and Keri Németh said...

BOLDOG SZULETESNAPOT
DZSOANNA...

Laci es Keri