Monday, September 20, 2010

First Week of School

Wow! What a busy week! Between starting off my week, meeting with private students, lesson planning,shooting a wedding, hanging with the team and continuing to love on my fiance has made for a busy and fun week!

My university classes are amazing. I love teaching these students who are motivated, smiles and willing. Now, I have to remember that it is still the beginning of the school year but I will keep a positive attitude and try my hardest to always look at these students with joy! I have about 60 students. I teach on Mondays and Wednesday for most of the afternoon. I have three groups of about 20 and they are all around 18-23. They come from all over the country so that gives me the opportunity to reach out to the ends of this country!

I am thankful for a quiet weekend of good food, friends and solitude. I enjoyed making some delicious new recipes and watching probably too many movies but it was a great way to end the long week. Here is a picture of Will and I grading while watching TV.


Throughout the next few weeks I'd like to begin to tell some stories of some connections I've been making while here for only one month. It has been incredible to see God's hand moving and opening doors everywhere!

This coming Thursday is the beginning of English Club which I have partnered with Mark Newell and we are gearing up for a new year of meetings. It will include Thursday night group times, group trips and the occasional service project. Please keep this project in mind! So many things happening!!

No comments: