Sunday, September 5, 2010

a Sabbath to Vac




The past few days have been rainy and cloudy and it sure was nice to wake up to a blue but still cloudy sky. Will and Kirsten are sick and everyone is sleeping in this morning. We are all trying to really take the Sabbath and keep it that way. No working an things like that. My Sabbath was yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I met Will at the bus stop and we took it down to the train station. Then we bought our tickets and indulged in some Starbucks. Why indulging? Well, it is not often I am on that side of town. So will got tea so that his throat wouldn't be so sore and I of course got a Cafe Americano (perfection) we boarded the train and sat there and chatted or the 25 minute ride north of Budapest.

We got off the train and were met by all three Coppages ;) Yaya! We walked to the main square and got to enjoy the sites of Vac a bit. Since it was rainy we couldn't take Will on the grand tour of this quaint town but that's okay we introduced him to the Csokizo (chocolate shop).

We had lunch, played Dutch Blitz and enjoyed chocolate then naps. I love going to the Coppages because I really get away, enjoy friends and eat well ;) We finished off with a warm meal then we headed home on the last fast train.

It amazes me whenever I come home from any kind of trip how "at home" I feel in Budapest. The smells, the sounds, the noise, the busyness brings great joy to my heart and soul. I love this city. Its where I feel at home.

Now that Will is here its even more exciting and I love it :)

No comments: