Friday, September 10, 2010

Gourmet Cooking Club #1




Six ladies gathered at my home for my Gourmet Cooking Club's first dinner. I decided that I wanted some dear friends to get together once a month and why not schedule a dinner for all to come to and just ladies :) I made everything from scratch and mostly from my Julia Child's Cook Book. It was a wonderful evening where the wine flowed and we got full on some amazing food.

This was the menu:

Appetizer
Zucchini Dip
Soup
Butter-Nut Squash Soup
Main Course
Suprêmes de Volaille Archiduc
[Chicken Breasts with Paprika, Onions, and Cream]
Risotto
Carottes Étuvees Au Beurre
[Carrots Braised in Butter]
Dessert
Mousseline au chocolat
[Chocolate Mousse]

I enjoyed cooking everything.. I was a bit worried that some of it would not be so delicious becuase I had never made it but it was great! I'm looking forward to October's edition and will make it even more Fall infused ;)

No comments: