Tuesday, September 7, 2010

in memory


Three years ago, when I first lived in Budapest on my own I met a wonderful couple, Andy and Phyllis Anderson. On so many levels this couple is an inspiration to me. They moved to Budapest, Hungary at the age of 70 to establish a Christian English and Hungarian Library. She was a life long educator and a book lover. Nothing could stop this couple except for cancer.

I visited them about once a week getting new books, hanging out with them at coffeehouse and they offered to host a Ladies Tea at the library for a women's Bible Study that so many of my friends benefited from. I was blessed to have this couple in my life and we would always keep in touch.

Phyllis passed away of cancer on Monday morning early. She leaves behind a huge family but she is in heaven and I"m sure she got a huge crown with jewels :)

Just yesterday, I was wrestling with God about healing and the faith that we must have. I know so many people right now who are struggling with loved ones who are dying of cancer. The crazy thing is that all of these people who have cancer are people of God. This world is dark and scary and every morning I am reminded that God is the only light and goodness in the midst of the darkness.

So, I'm praying for the Alvarados, the Hunters, the Andersons, the Youngs and I'm sure so many more who are currently dealing with one with cancer or one who has just left them.

"Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face! Your face, Lord, I will seek." Psalm 27:7-8

No comments: