Thursday, October 14, 2010

october update

I can't believe it's half way through October. Time is flying by here and it seems that every day is amazing and enjoyable. We've been up to a lot but some of it is just resting and nesting for me. I'm still trying to put pieces of the house together and decorate here and there. I got a pumpkin for Fall and a Mum and I brought out a few Haloween decorations and even bought some festive color candles.

School has been an incredible blessing. I love teaching my students and it is a lot of fun to meet with them twice a week. I only teach at the University twice per week but let me tell you, the prep and grading that goes into is a lot of work. My students require high level English and they ask great questions about the perfect tenses!

I have two private students whom I've really grown to love teaching. One is Korean and the other is Vietnamese. We are prepping for the TOEFL for both of them so that requires a lot of prep.

Will and I started going to a house church. We had our first meeting on Tuesday and it was incredible. Will and I are both very excited about this community. I'm meeting with Susan today for some lunch (we are both educators so that is always great). We are excited to be involved and hopefully a more permanent fixture in this meeting.

We got all of the residency papers submitted. It was nowhere near the process that I had endured before and I'm so grateful for that. I think it helps that I speak Hungarian and that I know where to get things. Next year will be a breeze.

Thursday Nights have been an English Club that we are heading up. That has been great too. I'm hoping for more students and luring them in with Brownies. This is a great time for college students to meet from all around the world and hang out. I'm planning a few excursions and hopefully some guest speakers!

I hope all is well with those out there. I'll try to blog more ;)

Here's what I've cooked in the past month..
apple pie, pumpkin bars, butternut squash soup, cheddar meat loaf, curry, brownies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about what's going on over there with the main purpose you're there! And your menus/recipes sound really good too! ;-) Surely the brownies will bring them in! Made from scratch??
Love you!!

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Girl! SOOOOOOOOOOO excited to hear you are a part of a house church! Go girl! LOVE IT! Would love to hear more about it!