Friday, November 2, 2007

Reflections on the visa process



Just thought I'd start with a beautiful picture of Prague during the fall.

I have my visa!! Its in my passport all pretty like. When I had my passport I was so excited and I kept looking at it over and over again. To think, how many months, tears, frustrations, miracles, and prayers were given to this small piece of paper.

I learned so much during this process. The biggest lesson proably trust and surrender. I've been talking with my friends here in Prague and they are going through visa difficulties as well. I remember thinking back to sitting in the work permit office and almost in tears begging them to help me. To taking the train to Prague and finding out that the embassy was closed. So many things were beyond my control.

When I think about God and what he has given me .. my visa... I relize that all of it might have been a test to trust Him FULLY not half heartedly with a PLAN B but to invest all my of heart to trust him. There is nothing like handing all of my paper work to the Embassy and wonder if they will give me a visa. ..
There is nothing like handing my heart, my requests, my desires, my life.. to God and wonder what he will do.. its always been good. He is a good God.

He loves, wants to protect and lead me to the life everlasting if I will trust and be obedient to him.

So, these are my reflections right now. "My God shall supply all my needs, according to his grace and mercy. "

1 comment:

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Hey girl! Just got a HUGE revelation from God reading in Luke when Jesus warns the disciples to beware of the yeast of the Pharisees...he then reminds them of the two miraculous feedings...the 5000 and the 4000. I was reminded by God of how MUCH was left over...not only does God provide, but He's a God who wants to provide even MORE and that excess He said to "collect" so that it is not wasted...it was, presumably brought to Him...He wants to bless us in abundance, and does so...I believe the "yeast" of God "just providing enough" is similar to the yeast of the Pharisees...He will ALWAYS provide in excess and in abundance cuz you are His daughter, His princess and He longs to give you even more and more and more than you could ever imagine! Just some thoughts on this Sat. night! love you tons!