Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ahoy!! My prague experience

I wanted to give you all an update on the Prague trip..

I arrived late Thursday evening with a piece of paper that gave me directions to Joanna and Mark's House. I walked into the train station and went straight to the Taxi stand. I talked to the men in Russian and well, the wanted to charge me 800 kc ($40) for a 10 min cab ride. I said no way give me my bags back.. then we started to haggle and I said 500 and then he said 600 and I gave in. So, i was completely scammed by these I'm sure mafia taxi drivers.

Anyways, I finally arrived at the Stewart's house and was greeted at the door by Joanna and a good friend from high school David Duxbury. It was really nice to be able to reconnect talk and eat yummy Indian food Joanna made. I swear I gained 10lbs staying there I ate so much.

Friday, Joanna and I went to Tesco (Wal-mart) to buy groceries and we also did a bit of shopping in a really nice mall. I found VERA BRADLEY sold in a store. CRAZY. Anyways, we bought all of Tesco I think and carried each of our bags to the Taxi. (we did take the metro in..I didn't just ride taxi's) Then we went out for lunch did a little more shopping and started making dinner. Then a cool friend of Joanna and Mark's came over, Jason and we all hung out till the wee hours of the night.

Saturday was a preparation for the party day and we made lots of food and birthday cake for Sash's 2nd Birthday party. It was a lot of fun. Sunday morning was the party and we had 5 kids and 20 adults eating all the food and the 2 cakes. Mark made a pirate ship out of a huge cardboard box that all 5 kids could fit in. I made a treasure map where they went and found all kinds of things around the house. It was a lot of fun. Church was amazing and spoke directly to my heart.

I think the best part of my weekend was.. well first was talking to Joanna and listening to her wisdom but my new friend Jason gave me the first episode of Grey's and I got to watch it. Oh it was fabulous.

I am not back in Budapest and my visa is in process. School is in full gear and I have much to do!

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing!! much love!

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Glad you had a great time in Prague! So jealous that you got a copy of Grey's!
Love-Stacey

Keith Miller said...

glad to hear you are doing well...thinking of you!
julia