Wednesday, October 31, 2007

travelling...

Patience.. this is one word that I have learned over and over and over again..

Yesterday, I missed the morning train to Prague by 10mintues. I had forgotten that public transportation was on a holiday schedule so it took me forever to get just a few stops. So, I sat there and wondered..what should I do..I have four more hours till the next train. So, I checked my bag with the luggage hold and I went to McDonalds..McCafe serves some of my favorite coffee..

I sat down beside two american girls who ...eventually...I figured out that were getting on the same train. Anyways, I hung out in there for awhile..then went to make sure I was early for my next train..to find out that the train would be 100 minutes late. ugh...

I bought an Elle in Hungarian..read what I could, made some friends with some Canadian girls and helped them and then finnaly boarded the train. It was nicer than most trains that I've taken to Prague so that was a plus.. so.. 6 hours after leaving my house we finnaly got on our way.

In my compartment (like in Harry Potter) there were also another set of american girls.. Amber and Nicole who I shared this adventure with. Just a tip, when travelling during the winter months in Hungary or Europe.. travel in the morning because then you get to see the landscape..otherwise its just dark out there.

I arrived in Prague at 1030pm and wonderful Mark Stewart was waiting with a metro pass for me. I said good bye to my friends, directed them to the ATM and Mark and I went to their house so we could all get a good night sleep.

I love the Stewarts :-)

so patience..you learn to have patience and wait because a lot of times, things are just beyond your control!!

No comments: