Sunday, February 20, 2011

a set of stairs

Yesterday, Will and I decided it was time for me to try going down and up the stairs. I'm learning that I live in a lot of fear.. not of others or things but in myself.

I got down them hesitantly but it was much easier. When it was time to hop up the stairs I got really scared. I looked at Will and said, I can't do this.. that is a long flight of stairs. He was amazing and encouraged me and said, Joanna, You can do it, We can do it!

The first step was the hardest, he spotted me at my waist and helped me with the first step.. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be but it was still hard.. He then spotted me for the second step. Then I did the rest on my own.. one step at a time till I got to the top.

The look of pride on my fiancee's face and my excitement was priceless.

It made me feel more confident in this whole situation. Don't get me wrong. I'm not going anywhere..:) Not teaching yet but, I am going to go out to dinner tonight with friends and I can't wait.

It's always the first step, the first day, the first of anything that is always so scary but once we do it.. then it is much easier..

This is true for me in prayer right now.. I've learned a lot of praying and the first couple of times is so hard but as I've learned to rest and spend time in prayer, its gotten much easier as time has gone by ;)

No comments: