Monday, January 24, 2011

Will's first trip to the land of Mozart




Will & I boarded a train to Vienna on Friday at 1pm. I had lunch waiting (Thank you McDonald's grilled chicken wraps) and we were off. I love the train.. so fast, comfortable and quiet. The countryside was beautiful and I enjoyed a nice afternoon nap.

We arrived and went straight to the Hunters!! It was such a blast seeing my dear friends.. and us remembering its been almost 4 years since we met at MTI in Colorado! We had yummy pizza, spinach dip and brownie trifle! Will got to smash (play video games) and a bunch of girls and I sat around the table for some girl talk!!

Saturday was a lazy start to the morning and while Whitney went to Basketball Practice (She coaches a middle school team) we went to check out the city. First Stop.. noodles.. so yummy. Second stop, St. Stephen's Cathedral where we walked around and prayed for Austria. The candles here are for you to light and pray for someone or something. I love the reverence of old churches. Then we walked around the Hofburg Palace and went into some shops. It was freezing so we then just got on a tram and did some sight seeing on the ring road in the warmth.

Last stop was for Schnitzel and beer. So yummmy. Then we went back to Whitney's for a lazy afternoon. Lindsey came over and we had salad and then we went for ice cream at the best Gelato place ever! MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP! I miss it. They don't have it here.

Sunday, we had brunch with Felix & Leslie and it was great to finally introduce Will to Leslie (my college roommate). Then we got back on the train and poor will has a cold. ;(

So, its back in Budapest and work is to be done and people to meet, etc.

No comments: