Friday, May 1, 2009

13B-summing it all up

This picture truly represents how fun this class was:


A chapter has ended in my ministry. As I continue to pursue this passion for high-schoolers I continue to learn the ups and downs of it all. I've had to say good-bye to a great group of kids. I will miss them terribly. After all of the closing ceremonies on Wednesday afternoon I had such a strange feeling in my heart. I was just feeling a bit numb and not sure what to feel. Then it hit me. I was grieving and sad. I was sad that my kids were leaving and that I wouldn't be apart of their daily lives. I started asking myself the "what-if's" which are never good. What if I didn't do a great job. What if they didn't see me living out the gospel. What if I didn't teach them well enough. Then I remembered that I didn't have to worry about what God was going to do. He is in charge and he would take care of each of them. As long as I did my best he would be pleased. As I went to sleep I specifically asked God to help me feel that he was pleased with me and my time with that class. I felt much better when I woke up, but I'm still sad that they are gone.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Loriann said...

Just think about the new chapters that may be opening up due to your ministry...not only for you, but maybe for a student or two, as well. We cannot always see the bigger picture, but it still continues to grow!

Lea Coppage said...

This comes to mind:

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. (Hebrews 6:10)

... and lately this has really hit me:

Isaiah 61:1-3
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

The despair reminds me of Hungary. And for the last several years (during Budapest prayer-walking and afterwards), I have asked God to plant people for the display of his splendor. Which is what he did with you, and what he *will* do with you.