Wednesday, November 12, 2008


Tuesday was the 50th anniversary of my school, named after Sándor Kőrösi Csoma. Quick facts about this man:

1. He was born in Erdély (Transylvania) in 1784

2. He knew 16 languages.... but face the facts..his first language was the 3rd hardest in the world so its no hard task for him.

3. He travelled east in a quest to find Hungarian roots.

4. He was a linguist (like me)

5. He authored the first English-Tibetan Dictionary

6. My school was the first to be named after him.


Pretty cool huh :) I have a artist's rendition of the plaque made for our school and signed by the artist! It was a great day of our school and I was glad to be apart of it especially since I didn't have to teach!

1 comment:

Megan Van Fleet said...

Thanks for the history lesson--how cool!!