Tuesday, June 24, 2008

EURO Cup 2008


I went to Vienna on Saturday with my friend Kristin. I had texted her on Friday morning asking if she wanted to go just for fun!! :) We boarded the 7:10 train and were on our way! We stopped at Starbucks for an Americano..yum. We walked around the Euro Cup FanZone. The EuroCup is being held in Austria and Switzerland this year. Its been really cool to watch the games and be involved in what's going on here in Budapest but to go to Vienna and be around all of the craziness was soo fun.

I made it my goal to go to random fans and ask for their pictures with me! I got my team.. SPAIN! and a few other countries. Of course we did some shopping while we were terrorzing fans! Love sales in Vienna!

The best part of the day.. Turkey had won the previous night and so they were holding their flags and walking around in groups. (sorry laci) I saw a bunch of guys asking this one guy for autographs and making lots of noise so I saw a very handsome tall man in the middle.. oh he must be a soccer player! And so as he was trying to walk away I ran up to him and asked him for a picture! So he agreed.. and it turned out to be a defense man for the team but it was fun!!

I had a blast just getting away from what sometimes becomes the mundane in Budapest. Thanks Krisitn for coming with me!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, I could totally see you marrying a Turkish man! Whoo hoo, he is HOT!

Laci and Keri Németh said...

Yeah and you can see the excitement on his face...


:)

Lazo von sarcastic