Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Class Trip to Debrecen

2 weeks ago (woah time flies) I went to Debrecen with my 12th graders. It was a blast and I absolutely loved almost every moment of it... without going into great details here's what happened....
Friday:
2 kids not showing up to the train, we leave anyways and board the train for a very stuffy 3 hour ride.
Speak Hungarian with my colleague
arrive in Debrecen and go to the Weekend Camp place..hang out
Find 6 puppies in the forest and bring them back to the camp with us
Hang out with the kids

Saturday:
Wake up speaking Hungarian
Tour the City of Debrecen
Back to the Camp to dinner and play poker and then...
Make Smore's!! Which the kids loved!!
Wake up suddenly to a Fire Alarm at 210am b.c. a kid smoked in their room. .
Play McGuivor (sp?) and have a kid clip the wire cuz the alarm won't go off.
Sunday:
Wake up very groggily
Did I mention speak a lot of Hungarian this trip
Eat breakfast and go to the city to visit a few more sites
Board train for another stuffy 3 hour ride..




I have to say that it was an amazing trip for me. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for the opportunity to be with my kids for 72 hours and hang out. We are closer and there are great relationships built because of this! Thanks for supporting my ministry and praying for these opportunities!! woohoo!