Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sick Day

Today I took a Sick Day. I have had a cold for 2 days and it wasn't getting any better. When I woke up this morning and could barely swallow and lift my head from my pillow I called my boss. I said I needed to stay home today but I'll be back in school tomorrow. I slept for 15 hours. I have no idea when the last time I slept for 15 hours was. I think that If it wasn't for my aching back I could have slept even longer. It's a beautiful day and I love spring time.

I was walking down the street the other day and I realized that I smelled spring. You know that warmness, smoggy, downtown Budapest smell where there's a hint of fresh urine, some fried cooking's from somewhere and the exhaust of the buses. AMAZING. SPRING. hehe. But really, when we come out of Winter into Spring its like we peel a layer of clothes off. No more bundling up in 100 sweaters, long johns, a coat, gloves,scarf, hat, socks, and shoes. Its a light fleece and or a windbreaker with maybe a sweater to keep the winds from nippin you.

Isn't that how God is.. (i love all the spring time analogies). I'm almost finished with a study by Beth Moore called Breaking Free. Right now we are studying how to rid the strongholds in your life. Last night before I went to bed I read through 60 verses which applied to the stronghold in my life. I haven't slept so well in months. When God takes the stronghold out of your life its like peeling layers of clothes off your body. He peels them till we are laying nude on the beaches of Nice, France. That is what he wants to do. But just as the weather is, sometimes we don't allow him to peel off the layer and it gets cold again so we put on another sweater to make us warm. Then he continues to work in our hearts till its all gone. To make us completely free of the extra layers we have put on. So... this is my winter-spring-summer analogy.

I am going to go study for my GRE now. ugh.

1 comment:

Brad & Stacey said...

Hope you are back to normal soon! I am jealous that you actually slept 15 hours!

Happy studying!
Love-
Stacey