Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Graduated


On Saturday, I graduated with my BA in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language. It was a whirlwind of a day and emotions. Our Chancellor and beloved pastor, Dr. Jerry Falwell died on Tuesday of the previous week and it was very sad to not have him there.


I was able to sit on the very front row, listen to a great address by Newt Gingrich (sp?) and start the wave that the whole stadium participated in :-)


Family and friends were there and it was a great great time.


So now, university is over.. I am an official adult with a college degree. That chapter of my life is over and now I'm ready to move on. Yet, moving on brings more emotions that I had not anticipated.


I was reading my Bible this morning and I read this passage which I thought was perfect for my next chapter in my life.. this is my prayer for those I will interact with in Hungary!


Psalm 67

May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us,
that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations.
May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.
May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly
and guide the nations of the earth.

May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.
Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us.
God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.