Monday, March 14, 2011

3 more days...

In 3 days.. the surgeon will decide whether or not I will get to take my cast off or whether or not I will keep it on to help it heal some more. It will be weird to have the cast come off. I've had it on for about 6 weeks now and I've learned how to sit with it, to sleep with it on, to cook standing, to bathe with it. It is always with me and I don't think I'll miss it when it is gone ;).

In the last 47 days I've been thinking, contemplating, and praying about what God's been teaching me as I've been home all this time. One of the biggest things that I've seen happen is realize how much closer Will & I have become. We do spend a lot of time together and have also started our pre-marital counseling book so we are getting to know each other deeply. I've learned to "need" Will in a healthy sense as well.

I'm sure that none of you know that I'm not often very "needy" or rather.. I'm too prideful to ask for help from others for most things. Well all of that changed drastically 47 days ago when I couldn't not even go to the bathroom without assistance or get a glass of water. Now, with team work a lot of the times, I'm able to do some things with Will's help and sometimes he does them. It's a lesson that I'm learning that just because it is not done my way doesn't mean its not good ;) I've started meditating on verses which teach me to be humble, to not be prideful because this feeds into a lot of things in my life..

So for now, I leave you with a verse I read.. this is more of a prayer..

Faithful Father, Thank you for giving us more grace, You oppose the proud but give grace to the humble. (james 4:6)

No comments: