Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ELI Picnic



We had a welcome banquet for our students. It was a great way to begin the year. My students are already complaining about the monotony of the food in the dining hall.. so I think when they saw the goodness of the kebabs, veggies, shrimp, rice and fruit salad they were excited.

We played soccer with a beach volleyball..girls vs. boys...girls lost but it didn't matter ;) We played some cornhole.

It was a great way to get to know my students outside of class.

I am culture shocking a little bit.. only because Asian students are really diligent and it is such a contrast to my Hungarian teenagers ;)...but maybe that is just because they are teenagers.

1 comment:

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

What a great culture-shock to have! Yes, teens are teens are teens, right? :-) I love you and miss you, my friend!