Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Challenge




On Saturday morning..bright and early (5:30am) I woke up and got ready to run the Charlottesville Women's 4-miler! Sami had driven down from PA to join me in this race. We signed up in June and have been training since. I wasn't so rigorous in my training and 2 weeks before the race I got sick and was out for a week. Nonetheless the race was still on and we donned in our pink Nike fit tanks drove onto Foxfield's property to join the other 3600 women to run or walk the 4-miler.

It was amazing to be apart of such a fun and powerful event. I was surrounded by women who were survivors of breast cancer, who knew loved ones who survived and many who died. We were all there for a cause and it was fun to be apart of it.

Sami and I lined up with the 11 minute miler folks and we all lined up.. then we were off. It was crazy to run with such a massive amount of people. It was hard especially because of the hills but we pressed on and finished faster than we'd (at least I) had hoped.

It was great to see so many people cheering me on, being my hometown, I'd hear my name shouted and it gave me motivation.

Thanks to all of you who sponsored me and who cheered me on from near and far!! ;)

No comments: