Saturday, August 11, 2007

August...and I haven't posted

So..its August..the 11th in fact. I don't have internet access all that often so as you can tell I have been lacking. In order to get internet in my new apartment it will be a big hassle so I am trying to figure my way around it.

I am all moved in. I have moved in every last thing and bought a few new items to make my apartment complete. All I need is curtains..which Shannon has been dying for me to get because she likes decorating my house for me. I've had friends over a few times and it has been wonderful to have a place to call my own. I have loved every minute of it and its a perfect location! I can take public transportation 24/7. There is never a time where I can't get somewhere in the city. It might take me a little bit but I can definitely make it!

I have been going to Coffeehouse every week and it has been a blast. This past Friday I helped "run" coffeehouse by helping with set up, making coffee drinks, serving forro csoki (hot chocolate) and tea. I had fun talking in Hungarian and taking orders.

On Thursday nights my friends and I gather for Magyar Ora (Hungarian Hour) where we learn new Hungarian phrases and words. Its a lot of fun and I am constantly learning! I keep busy taking notes, working on pronunciation and laughing at my own mistakes. Atilla helps us and he is a wonderful teacher.

I am in Szeged for the weekend and it has been sooo good to spend time with my friends the George's and with Arden. I hope to get some rest and work on lesson plans while here! Soon school starts.

I am in the process of working on whether or not I need a visa or a work permit. Its been kind of crazy..so any prayers projected upwards on my behalf would be greatly appreciated. I have been frustrated already and not carrying the fruit of the spirit of patience. I begin teaching September 3rd so it would be awesome to be able to have all of the necessary documents that I need to live and work here!!

So, that is what is going on. I am excited for some new changes in the next few weeks as I begin faculty meetings and teaching jobs!! I will keep you posted!

No comments: