Wednesday, October 14, 2009

nature and running




As we all know, I've really taken to running. After a long day at work I look forward to putting on my shoes and hittin the trail. I've done my share of treadmill days and recently I've taken it outside..well since August.




Today, I ran a trail which follows a creek all through the city of Lynchburg. I was able to enjoy the beautiful creek and look at leaves falling and really enjoy being outside. Especially since soon winter will be here and I'm going to be running in the cold ;) Maybe not so enjoyable.
Anyways, the trail which I run is about 20 miles? long and I only run about 4 miles round trip. I love running farther and checking out unknown paths.. today I ran across.. well .. I walked across a swinging bridge..kinda scary ;) and passed some beautiful bamboo sections of the woods. I love this time to myself and try to keep it sacred every day!

No comments: