Monday, July 27, 2009

missing things

Today has been rather nostalgic for me..

I longed to be in my apartment where things are familiar and arranged where I like them to be...
I wanted to pop down to the Plus and look around and do some grocery shopping.
I miss hearing the number 1 vilamos rumble on its tracks.
I miss the sirens from police cars and ambulances.
I miss my dear friends... every one of them.
I miss Hungarian.. the language, the culture, the food.
I miss it all..

I look at this year as a bit daunting but exciting as well. I can't wait to start on the things that I think God is having me do. I'm holding onto the promises that I'll return to the country where most of my heart belongs..

until then.. I'll enjoy

my air conditioned spacious townhouse
2 closets full of all my clothes
being on the same time zone as my family and best friend
unlimited texting
English television
huge grocery stores with all the variety of items I could ever dream of
my air-conditioned state of the art gym I run in every day
my community of friends

3 comments:

Samm and Andy said...

You are also missing the pig fat szendvicsek!

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Oh, do I hear you sister! I pray we both stay in the here and now, relishing in all God is doing in us to be a blessing to those around us in the here and now!

Laci and Keri Németh said...

LOL JOE, JOE, You are ouuuuuuuuuuuuurs... you belong to us...
one of the hungarians