Wednesday, April 6, 2011

3 weeks... 3 lessons

3 weeks have passed by since I got my cast off. I'm thankful for this in so many ways!

Lesson #1
If I had thought I had learned patience in staying home two months, I was wrong. I've had to learn patience to recover, to walk, when enduring pain and in so many things. I have to remember to be strong and allow myself to recover, slow and with one step at a time.

Lesson #2
Who knew that this would drive me to an emotional mess. I didn't. I've been up and down emotionally since January 28th but I've learned that journaling, praying and reading has been my solace. Not to mention crying ;) Will has been a great source of comfort and support and I'm thankful. I've really learned to rely upon God, even when it was not easy.

Lesson #3
Even when you don't want to do anything, and would rather sit on the couch, get up and don't quit. Even today, I learned that lesson. Sure, I speak Hungarian .. but it is still very basic. I went to the "health center" and had group physical therapy. I didn't learn any new movements, just new methods. I mostly learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. I DID not want to go, whined to Will and decided not to but then my friend, Laura reminded me that a lot of times things are uncomfortable but we gotta do it.

I'm going back to work on Monday and will finish out the semester with just one class per week. I'm looking forward to it and I can't wait to see my students again!

3 weeks ago ..

I couldn't stand up on my own.. I can now walk up the stairs pretty normally and I can walk without crutches. I can take public transport but I sure am slow ;) I can balance on my sore ankle and even put pants on without holding onto anything. I am now lifting weights and doing more cardio. Kirsten and Will better watch out cuz this Biggest Loser is comin to town ;)

Thank you Almighty God for healing me!

No comments: