Tuesday, August 11, 2009

...purpose

It's almost the end of a 12 hour work day. That is so American.. to work all day. ;) I'm about to teach a class that is apart of our Community Groups here at the ELI. I'm looking forward to teaching since it has been a few months.

It hit me yesterday, as I said good-bye to Leslie that I'm really not going back to Hungary. Well for this year. As I was sitting in our ELI faculty orientation this morning, we sang songs, prayed and dedicated our year. It was significant to me because I was able to rest and see purpose again for being here in the states. As I've been diligently working on projects and documents to prepare my students for the upcoming year..I've started to get really excited about everything. I'm excited to meet my new students, to interact with my interns and find community here in Lynchburg.

I have really enjoyed getting to know my colleagues and have a wonderful office mate, Emily. I am really seeing how an English Language Program works in the states and that is exciting. I am also able to develop professionally because I am going to attend some TESOL conferences...oh yeah and amidst all this.. Grad school ;) I'm gaining purpose .. professionally. The pieces of the puzzle of why I'm here are definitely coming together. It excites me.

2 comments:

leslie.kidd said...

YAH! So glad to read this post! God is so good to answer our prayers from last night in one day! Love you, will miss you - STAY IN TOUCH!

Lea Coppage said...

I like this.